If you are experiencing red, dry or irritated skin, it could be because you have sensitive skin. Skin that is highly reactive to irritants and active ingredients in skincare products can be difficult to manage. Here are some tips on what you should, and more importantly, shouldn’t do for your sensitive skin.
- Stay out of the sun as much as possible, as it can cause sensitivity especially to those who experiences redness or suffer from rosacea. Always be sure to protect your skin with sunscreen every day.
- Keep your skin well hydrated with a moisturizer made especially for sensitive skin. When skin is lacking moisture, the barrier cannot function properly making it harder to protect itself naturally from environmental stresses.
- Look for products with gentle active ingredients such as peptides as they will not irritate the skin, yet help fight signs of aging.
- Stay away from products that contain synthetic, artificial ingredients or fragrances.
- Stay away from products that have high acidity and contain retinol, alpha-hydroxy, gylcolic and salicylic acids. These ingredients are be too harsh for sensitive skin.
- Avoid applying products containing alcohol, menthol, or citrus as they may cause skin redness and itchiness.
Good skincare products that wont irritate the skin are those that are specially formulated for sensitive skin, such as Pai Skincare. All ingredients are sourced natural, organic, hand picked and tested by a devoted team of sensitive skin experts. Pai Skincare offers a variety of products to provide solutions to many skincare concerns. LEARN MORE HERE.