Candle Care Basics: How to Safely and Properly Burn a Candle
1. In order to get the most out of your candle, burn it until the entire top surface of the candle melts.
2. To preserve the fragrance, burn your candle for no longer than three hours at a time during the first third of the candle and one to two hours at a time for the remainder.
3. Never leave a candle burning unattended. Keep away from drafts, children, curtains and pets.
4. Should the wick require re-centering, gently readjust to correct position when the wax is still soft. Allow the candle to completely solidify before lighting.
5. If black smoke appears, trim the wick. It should be clean and no longer than 6 mm at all times.
6. Always protect the table or surface on which the candle rests (use a coaster or plate).
7. Avoid burning your candle all the way to the end. Leave at least 5 mm of non-molten wax at the bottom.