It is not known what causes rosacea and there is no cure, but there are products and treatment to help deal with this condition and help to control it. Here are five tips to control rosacea symptoms:
- Don’t be afraid to use skin care products: It is important to use a gentle cleanser and to be gentle with your skin and use lukewarm water for rinsing after cleansing – not cold or hot water.
- Keep your skin care routine simple: Don’t use exfoliants or abrasive towels to wash or dry your skin.
- Be gentle with your skin: Let you skin dry before applying any serums or treatments and then wait approximately 10 minutes before applying your moisturizer, sunscreen, or make-up.
- Use sunscreen daily: It is important to wear a sunscreen of 30 SPF or higher and to stay out of the sun as much as possible. Sun exposure is one of the top triggers of rosacea.
- Your doctor knows best: If untreated, rosacea and the red-face and acne-like effects are not only physically uncomfortable; they may cause psychological, social and occupational issues if not treated. We do suggest seeing a doctor to have a diagnosis and the appropriate treatment prescribed.
The products below have been developed to help deal with redness and rosacea and are made for sensitive skin.
VivierSkin HEXAM Gentle Cleanser: This medical grade antimicrobial cleanser removes surface impurities, including P.acnes and bacteria, while helping prevent itchiness and relieve minor skin irritations.
Pro-Derm Gentle Cleanser: This gentle cream-gel cleanser is suitable for all skin types and maybe used morning and evening as part of your daily skin regimen.
Alyria Gentle Cleanser is formulated with ingredients that have been carefully chosen to avoid chemicals commonly found in many skin care products.
VivierSkin Redness Solution Complex: This advanced redness solution contains ingredients known to target both internal and external causes of redness such as increased blood flow, the presence of microbes and UV exposure.
Alyria Anti-Redness Complex: Reduces the appearance of skin redness, soothes irritated and dry skin and provides an immediate concealing effect.
SkinCeuticals Redness Neutralizer: Combats environmental triggers of redness to alleviate irritation and discomfort.
Pai Skincare Instant Calm Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream: Pai Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream is formulated to soothe and maintain extremely sensitive skin using only the cleanest natural ingredients. Formulated to quickly calm flare-ups of visible redness and irritation.
SkinMedica Redness Relief CalmPlex: A moisturizer that helps reduce the appearance of facial redness.
Pro-Derm Regenerating Cream: This anti-aging, enriched moisturizer and soothing cream is perfect for sensitive skin. It is suitable for all skin types and particularly for sensitive, red or rosacea prone skin.
Glominerals Redness Relief Powder: Reduce redness on the spot with the therapeutic benefits in Redness Relief Powder.
RMS Beauty “Un” Cover-Up #11: Formulated to reveal and enhance healthier looking skin…not just cover it up. Completely lightweight and hydrating to the skin, the ‘un’cover-up will reveal more youthful and radiant skin and minimizes the appearance of pores and rejuvenate the skin.
Glominerals Corrective Camouflage Kit: This sheer, easy-to-apply formulation expertly neutralizes and conceals skin discolourations.
SKIN CARE SYSTEM
VivierSkin Anti-Aging Program For Redness: A home care system containing all of the recommended products for rosacea and redness. The Redness Relief system contains six full-sized medical grade products that help calm and soothe redness caused by reactive and irritable skin. May be used alone or in combination with aesthetic procedures such as Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) and KTP lasers.
Contains full sizes of the following products: HEXAM, Refreshing Toner, Firming Eye Contour Cream, Redness Solution Complex, LEXXEL™ and Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30.