1. Five years ago I found the ultimate beach bag! Large enough to carry all my essentials, Longchamp’s classic Le Pliage tote bag is both elegant and functional. Made of polyamid canvas with an inner coating, this bag is durable, water-proof and stain resistant. My Le Pliage has accompanied me around the globe as my go-to beach bag and it looks just as good as the day I bought it!
2. I try not to wear any makeup at the beach, but my skin is not perfect and I prefer to have a bit of natural looking coverage. Enter Glominerals Protecting Powder SPF 30! This dust-on broad-spectrum SPF powder defends against the sun’s damaging rays and gives skin a complexion perfecting layer of colour. Application is easy, as the loose powder has a built-in brush. No mess at all!
3. Sunglasses are an absolute must! They help to protect your eyes and the very delicate area around them. This year I have been sporting classic Aviators sunglasses from Ray Ban. They go with every look and provide 100% UV protection. You simply can’t go wrong with these shades.
4. Too keep my sunglasses clean and free of sand and sunscreen finger prints, I always pack lens cleaning wipes in my bag. You can usually find them at any Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix or, you can most certainly pick some up at your local optician office. They are a life saver!
5. It’s so important to stay hydrated inside and out. I like to keep a bottle of Tata Harper’s Hydrating Floral Essence in my bag – a light moisturizing toner spray that hydrates the skin and gives my complexion a fresh, dewy radiance. Natural Hyaluronic Acid helps to preserve the skin’s natural hydration factor. It’s refreshing and smells amazing!
6. I always try to find a spot under an umbrella to provide much needed shade. However this is not always possible, so I always make sure that I have a hat handy. It keeps the sun out of my face and protects my sensitive scalp and my hair from potential sun damage. Any hat will do, but I love this Theodora & Callum Ombre Fedora. It goes with everything!
7. After a day at the beach, I find that my lips become dry due to sun exposure and salt water. SkinCeuticals Antioxidant Lip Repair is a potent treatment that helps to restore moisture, smoothes the lip surface and helps to keep my lips looking younger for longer.
8. Last but certainly not least, I cannot stress enough that protection and prevention is the key to healthy and young looking skin. My go-to sunscreen this summer is EltaMD UV Sport SPF 50. It’s lightweight formula is easy to apply, nourishes skin and protects my skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays. I am constantly in an out of the sea/pool, so a water resistant sunscreen is very important for me. EltaMD sunscreens stay put! They do not rinse off in water or drip into your eyes when sweating. Noncomedogenic, paraben-free, sensitivity-free and fragrance-free!
Enjoy the rest of you summer at the beach!
The Etiket Insider Beauty Editor